Promotion of Access to Information Act
As required in terms of Section 51 of the PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT NO. 2 OF 2000. This manual contains information required to request access to the records of:
INFINITUS HOLDINGS (PTY) LTD
Access to the records of any subsidiary company of Infinitus Holdings (Pty) Ltd not listed in this manual may be requested from the Information Officer, Infinitus Holdings, at the address contained in this manual.
The Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000 (“the Act”) came into operation on 23 November 2001. Section 51 of this Act requires that we as a private body compile a manual giving information to the public regarding the procedure to be followed in requesting information from us for the purpose of exercising or protecting rights. We as a private body have compiled this manual, not only to comply with the provisions of the Act, but also to foster a culture of transparency and accountability in our environment and to ensure that members of the public have effective access to information in our possession which will assist them in the exercise and protection of their rights. You will be able to view the categories of information, which we possess. You will also be shown the correct procedure to follow should you require access to any of this information.
CATEGORIES OF RECORDS AND SUBJECTS IN RESPECT OF WHICH RECORDS ARE HELD:
- Incorporation documents
- Financial statements
- Any other records required to be kept in terms of the Companies Act
- Contracts of employment
- Performance appraisals
- Disciplinary records
- Leave records
All records kept in terms of legislation as below:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, No. 97 of 1997
- Unemployment Contributions Act, No. 4 of 2002
- Unemployment Insurance Act, No. 63 of 2001
- Skills Development Act, No. 97 of 1998
- Skills Development Levies Act, No. 9 of 1999
- Value Added Tax Act, No. 89 of 1991
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, No. 37 of 2002
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act, No. 38 of 2002
- Pension Funds Act
- Companies Act 2008
- Employment Equity Act
- Labour Relations Amendment Act
NOTICE IN TERMS OF SECTION 52 (2) OF THE ACT: VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE AND AUTOMATIC AVAILABILITY OF CERTAIN RECORDS No Notice in terms of Section 52 (2) of the Act has been published. Certain records are freely available on the Infinitus Holdings website www.infinitusholdings.co.za.
PROCEDURES TO BE FOLLOWED TO REQUEST ACCESS TO THE RECORDS:
- Requestors are to be complete the prescribed FORM C as contained in the regulations of the Act available from the Information Officer
- The completed FORM C may be posted or faxed to the Information Officer, Infinitus Holdings, at the address below.
THE INFORMATION OFFICER
Infinitus Holdings (PTY) LTD
PO BOX 44302
Tel. No. (+27) 21 657 1180
- The Information Officer will process the request and inform the requestor of the fees (if any) that he/she has to pay and of the further steps that will follow in the processing of the request.
- Note: Access to certain records may be denied on the grounds set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000.
AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
The manual is available for inspection, free of any charge, at the offices of the private body. Copies are also available from the applicable Government Gazette, and the Human Rights Commission by writing to the address provided below.
THE SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION GUIDE (SEC. 10 OF THE ACT):
The Human Rights Commission has compiled a guide containing such information as may reasonably be required by any person who wished to exercise any right contemplated in the Act. The South African Human Rights Commission can be contacted at the following address:
Private Bag 2700
Tel. (+27 11) 877 3600
General Information: email@example.com
Tel. (+27 21) 426 2277
Fax. (+27 21) 426 2875